|Committee Members Present
||Katie Vose, Chair; April Cusick, Jennifer Neumeyer
|Board Members Present
||Jennifer Day, Laura Hamilton, Edward Hastings, Kimberly Martin
||James Anastasio, Donna Madore, Heather Gauthier, James Holland, Jan Rollins, Kim Silsby
- Graduation Improvement Plan
Donna Madore, Assistant Superintendent, explained that the Graduation Improvement Plan is part of the Augusta School Department’s Comprehensive Education Plan. We were one of ten districts picked to participate in a state wide graduation improvement workshop taught by Clemson University this summer. Four administrators participated -Theresa Violette, Heather Gauthier, Kim Silsby and Donna Madore. There are three objectives to the plan:
The five year plan was submitted to Clemson University for review and they felt we did a great job.
- Build a culture PK-12 within the Augusta community of awareness around graduation completion
- Increase district average daily attendance rate from 93.8% to 95%
- Increase teacher effectiveness with the implementation of best practices (i.e. math,literacy, content literacy, etc.
Motion by Jennifer Neumeyer to move the Graduation Improvement Plan to the board for approval, second by April Cusick, so moved 3-0.
- RTI – Middle School
Kim Silsby and Jan Rollins explained how the Response to Intervention works in the middle school and a discussion followed.
- Opiates education for grades 4, 5, 6
Motion by Jennifer Neumeyer to table item 3 until the March 9th meeting, second by April Cusick, so moved 3-0.
Meeting adjourned at 6:30 p.m.