- Director of School Nutrition: Maureen Thompson - Ext.#1142
- Assistant: Cindy Henderson - Ext.#1141
- Telephone: 626-2468 Fax: 626-2444
- 40 Pierce Drive, Suite 3, Augusta ME 04330
- ~ E-mail us ~
Welcome to Augusta School Nutrition!
Scroll down for SCHOOL MENUS
SCHOOL YEAR 2021-2022
INFORMATION FOR PARENTS & STUDENTS BELOW
SUBSTITUTE APPLICATION (Non-Teaching)
FREE Breakfast & Lunch
for ALL Students All Year!
Parent Letter SY 2022
Even though school meals are FREE, we still encourage parents to complete the School Meal Application. This application can help our School District in several ways. There are benefits including decreased or waived testing fees, federal funding to the District, with grant applications, Title 1 Funding and more!
If you haven't applied for Free/Reduced Meals yet this School Year
We ask you to please APPLY NOW * Quickly & Easily * in the privacy of your own home with our Online Application
*New students may not be added to our system when they first arrive at school; please bear with us while while we wait for them to be added. Once they are in you will be able to complete your application.
*If you do not have internet access, you can ask your school secretary for a paper application OR call/email the SNP Office 626-2468 ext 1141, firstname.lastname@example.org Complete the paper form & return to school with your child OR print an application >Application for Free/Reduced School Meals
Instructions to complete application
IMPORTANT NOTICE: You may already be "Directly Qualified" as FREE if you have SNAP or TANF benefits, you can check your status before applying at: Click here to Check If you are Directly Qualified you do not need to apply.
Questions on your child's eligibility Email us or call 626-2468 X 1141
click link below for
Elementary Schools with a high percentage of children eligible for free and reduced price meals may be eligible to participate in the "Fresh Fruit & Vegetable Program". The FFVP provides a fresh fruit or vegetable "sample" for students to try during the school day.
Potential Benefits of the FFVP:
- Expand the variety of fruits and vegetables children experience
- Increase children’s fruit and vegetable consumption
- Make a difference in children’s diets to impact their present and future health
- This program is seen as an important catalyst for change in efforts to combat childhood obesity by helping children learn more healthful eating habits. The FFVP introduces school children to a variety of produce that they otherwise might not have had the opportunity to sample.
Monthly Wellness Newsletters for Parents & Students providing busy parents with practical ways to promote healthy nutrition and physical activity for their children.
"Wellness is a Way of Life" Newsletters
Sept Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb March April